Options - Option 17 Parallel BCD with Second RS-232 Port
Adds an RS-232 channel to the 'Parallel BCD Output'. Available on the Models 1084 and 1088.
Option 17 for the standard Model 1084A/B/C and 1088A/B clocks expand the capabilities of the instrument to include:
- Either of the following:
- Time-of-year output in Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD) format, with resolution down to 1 millisecond; or
- Parallel Data output, with up to 48 bits that can be custom-configured at the factory for specific applications
- A continuous 1 pulse-per-second (1 PPS) output, with the rising edge of a 10 millisecond-wide pulse synchronous to the rising edge of 1 PPS/GPS;
- A continuous 1,000 PPS (1 kPPS) square wave output, with rising edges synchronous to the rising edge of 1 PS/GPS;
- Four pins of the output connector that can be configured with combinations* of the following:
- Up to four digital signal outputs, the functions of which can be selected individually from 18 choices.
- Up to two analog signal outputs, the functions of which can be selected individually from two choices.
- An RS-232C serial communications port, which can use between two and four lines.
*Note: Since these auxiliary functions must share four connector pins, certain limitations will apply when selecting combinations:
- Enabling any one (or more) of the digital signal outputs precludes four bits from the parallel data output, if used;
- Each analog signal output used precludes one of the digital signal outputs; if two analog signal outputs are employed, only two digital signal outputs are possible. Also, each analog signal output displaces one bit from the parallel data interface, if used;
- A two- or four-wire RS-232C port configuration uses two or four of the data output lines, so these lines become unavailable for digital and/or analog signal outputs, or for the assigned data bits of the parallel output (if used).
- Output Connector: 50 contact;Amphenol P/N 850-57L-40500-2700or equivalent.
- Mating Connectors:
- Plastic: Amphenol P/N 850-57F-30500-20
- Metal Shell: Amphenol P/N 850-57FE-30500-20
Parallel BCD Output
- Data Bus Width: 42 bits. For weighting, refer to Table 1.
- Output Type: High-Speed CMOS, buffered, (74HCXXX), 0 volts to 5 volts.
- Time Data Format: UTC or Local time data; corresponds to setting for IRIG time data (see Chapters 5 and 6).
- Time Accuracy: Rising edge delay of 100 nS maximum (1 mS bit), relative to 1 PPS output rising edge.
- Output Type: Operational amplifier (LF353) output, with 562 ohm series resistor.
- Pin Numbers:
- Output 1: pin 22
- Output 2: pin 47
- IRIG-B, Modulated: IRIG format B time code, modulated onto 1 kHz 10 Vpp sine wave carrier.
- Deviation: Model 1088B Only; ± 5 volts analog, corresponding to 1 PPS deviation channel A or B.
- Output Type: High-Speed CMOS (74HCXXX), 0 volts to 5 volts, with 47 ohm series resistance.
- Pin Numbers:
- Output 1: pin 22
- Output 2: pin 47
- Output 3: pin 23
- Output 4: pin 48
- Available Outputs:
- IRIG-B: IRIG format B time code, 5 V CMOS (unmodulated).
- IRIG-E: IRIG format E time code, 5 V CMOS.
- IRIG-H: IRIG format H time code, 5 V CMOS.
- IRIG-D/1 PPM: IRIG format D time code (1 pulse per minute), 5 V CMOS.Rising edge on time.
- 10 MPPS: 10 MHz square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 5 MPPS: 5 MHz square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 1 MPPS: 1 MHz square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 100 kPPS: 100,000 PPS square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 10 kPPS: 10,000 PPS square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 1 kPPS: 1,000 PPS square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 100 PPS: 100 PPS square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 60 PPS:* 60 PPS square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 50 PPS:* 50 PPS square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 10 PPS: 10 PPS square wave, synchronous to the 1 PPS output.
- 1 PPS: 1 PPS (10 mS ”high”), synchronous to 1 PPS/GPS.
- 1 PPnnnS: 1 pulse per ”nnn” seconds (10 mS ”high”, synchronous to 1PPS/GPS); ”nnn” corresponds to a number of seconds enteredby the user.
- 1 PPH: 1 pulse per hour, rising edge on time.
- Out-of-Lock: 5 volt CMOS levels. Normally ”high” after acquisition of satellite signals. Toggles ”low” nn minutes after loss of satellite signal lock. Range for ”nn” is 00 to 99, and is set using the SETUP menu or RS-232C (refer to Chapter 6 and Appendix C). Setting of 00 disables this function (output remains ”high”).
* Available only with the Model 1088A/B series clocks.
- Output Type: CMOS, - 12 volts to + 12 volts.
- Input Type: Standard RS-232C levels.
- Inputs Available:
- Receive Data(“RXD”): Connector pin 4. Receives data from external device. Requires that JMP3 be set to position “B”. Precludes use of digital signal output 2 or parallel data bit 27.
- Data TerminalReady (“DTR”): Connector pin 3. Informs clock that remote device is ready to receive data.Requires that JMP5 be set to position “C”. Precludes the use of digital signal output 4, analog signal output 2, or parallel data bit 45.
- Outputs Available:
- Transmit Data (“TXD”): Connector pin 29. Sends data to external device. Requires that JMP2 be set to position “B”. Precludes the use of digital signal output 1 or parallel data bit 19.
- Data Set Ready (“DSR”): Connector pin 28. Informs the remote device that clock is prepared to send data. Requires that JMP4 be set to position “C”. Precludes the use of digital signal output 3, analog signal output 1, or parallel data bit